Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:08:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      James Hawtin <oolon@ankh.org>
To:        John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
Cc:        newbie@XFree86.Org, FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>, XFree86 General Discussion List <XPert@XFree86.Org>
Subject:   Re: [Xpert]Re: [Newbie]!! WILL $PayPal$ FOR XF 4.2.0 HELP !!

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, John Clark wrote:

> > All I wish for are these three (3) things, from least to highest
> > priority:
> >
> > (1) Is it possible to use SVGA (blanktime, screen_saver.ko modules) in
> > syscons/console?

Dont know use xdm so X is running all the time, and setup the "blanking"
time in your Xfree86 config.

> > (2) What changes must I make to the default XF86Config.new file to use
> > atkbd and /dev/sysmouse (ums0) instead of "keyboard" and "/dev/mouse?"
>
> In my XF86Config for 4.1.0 XFree86 and using NetBSD 1.5.2 there is a
> sequence
> of lines starting with:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>
> This is were the keyboard characteristics are indicated. What I find
> there
> looks pretty generic, even though I'm using a ps2 external keyboard on
> my laptop (some of the integral keyboard keys no longer work...)

Thats normal, some laptops will disable the internal mouse or keyboard if
an external PS2 one is plugged in. You could try plugging in your
external keyboard after the computer starts booting, your laptop may have
a WinDOZ config tool.

IF its a language problem have a look at.

In the Section "InputDevice"
Driver      "keyboard"

section

Option  "XkbLayout"     "gb"
                        ^^^ change to your lang type.

As to your money, people on lists normally give there help for free, but
your have to do some work for yourself in trying things out, if we help
you, I suggest you give you money to NetBSD, Xfree86 or the EFF you pick.
I feel sure all of them could use it.