Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 13:41:52 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        "Lars Fredriksen" <fredriks@mcs.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.0.5 Alpha and Intel EtherExpress cards

>Hi,
>	I don't know what the "Normal" defaults for the Intel EtherExpress
>cards are, but mine is set to :
>
>	My machine:		Kernel Defaults:
>	IRQ:   5		10
>	Port:  0x300		0x300
>	Mem:   0xD400		0xD000
>	Flash: 0xD000		???? (doesn't matter)
>
>Anyway, even when I set the IRQ and Memory address, the probe didn't find it,
>that I can see, and sysinstall didn't find it either. Anyone tried this?
>

>Lars

I installed to one at the same settings, but you must first boot -c and
disable wt0, mcd0, mcd1, and possibly ie0.  0x300 is a magnet for poor
probes it seems.  Since I have access to both an etherexpress and a 3c509,
I'm hoping to lend a hand in sorting this thing out.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1