Date:      Sat, 18 May 1996 21:35:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      JOHN <JSINNOTT@POMONA.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   TIP: apologies and corrections

 I should give more detailed (and correct) information about my problem.

I am attempting to connect to my college's modem pool, using tip

I have specified the following in /etc/remote:

dial9600|9600 Baud generic attributes:\
	:dv=/dev/cuaa0:br#9600:cu=/dev/cuaa0:at=generic:du:

pomona:pn=xxxxxxxxxxx:tc=dial9600

and in /etc/modems:

generic|Generic AT command modem (use defaults):  <- as was already specified

So, at the prompt:
tip pomona
and I get the following response:
Using "/dev/cuaa0"
(phone dials about 7 out of the full 11 numbers and then hangs up)
call failed
[EOT]

Can anyone help?  Thanks, and sorry again for the previous, incorrect post.
John