Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:31:51 +0200
From:      Andrea Campi <andrea@webcom.it>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   -CURRENT freeze under high load

Hi all,

I am trying to diagnose a problem I've been having for a few weeks (I didn't
report it earlier because I didn't have much time to hunt for it).

The symptom is a total system freeze, i.e. I can't get into DDB. I can repeat
it only with qmail, but of course I don't think it's qmail specific in any way;
probably something to do with locking. To reproduce it I run:

find . -type f | xargs mutt  (on my machine, all emails get delivered to me)

A kernel from Oct 1 doesn't have this issue; a kernel from Oct 5 has. I'll
start binary searching for a commit I can blame.

Anybody seen anything like this?

Bye,
	Andrea