Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 1995 11:32:00 +0059 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        makineni@cs.pdx.edu (Makineni Srihari)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: question about structure mallinfo

> 	I am porting Harvest software to FreeBSD1.1. In the Harvest software
> the structure "mallinfo" which is available in <malloc.h> on Sun machines is
> used. I would like to know if there is any equivalent to that in FreeBSD or
> a way to get around this without using this structure.

FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 doesn't have that. I don't have access to the 1.1 sources in
the moment, but i doubt they were different for this.
I find it also only described in "older" releases of SUNOS 4.1.x.
It is no longer  mentioned in the Solaris 2.3 manpage, although the
header file contain it also.
So the best would be to rewrite the software to don't use that feature.
I suspect other operating systems also don't have it.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe