Date:      Wed, 21 May 2003 09:51:53 -0400
From:      "Kliment Andreev" <klimenta@futurebit.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Dlink DWL520 Rev 2

> > Is that a rev 2 or a '+' ? Perhaps a dmesg from a verbose boot or a
> > pciconf -l would help. The wi driver should be fine.

D-Link is known by changing chipsets in their cards without changing the
model number. I've had the same problem with D-Link DWL-650+. Even this card
is supported by FreeBSD, mine was not working because D-Link changed the
chipset. The model number was the same, except of the shape of the card. I
remember that with dmesg I've found the vendor chipset number (like 0x01234)
and googling the freebsd groups I've found a site where you can type this
number and get exact model of the chipset. Unfortunately, I don't remember
the URL, but I am sure that someone know.