Date:      19 Nov 2003 17:45:05 +0100
From:      Christian Laursen <xi@borderworlds.dk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI CD Changer problem in -CURRENT

I just upgraded my workstation from 5.1-RELEASE to todays -CURRENT.

When I boot it, I get the following messages about my CD drives:

acd0-5: CDROM with 6 CD changer <CD-C68E> at ata1-master PIO4
acd6: DVDROM <CREATIVEDVD5240E-1> at ata1-slave PIO4
acd0-5: FAILURE - LOAD_UNLOAD status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> sensekey=ILLEGAL REQUEST error=4<ABORTED>
acd0-5: FAILURE - LOAD_UNLOAD status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> sensekey=ILLEGAL REQUEST error=4<ABORTED>
acd0-5: FAILURE - LOAD_UNLOAD status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> sensekey=ILLEGAL REQUEST error=4<ABORTED>
acd0-5: FAILURE - LOAD_UNLOAD status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> sensekey=ILLEGAL REQUEST error=4<ABORTED>

I get the 4 failures after the 2 first slots (both containing a CD)
have been probed, and I guess there is an error for every empty slot.

In 5.1-RELEASE the kernel didn't change through the drives while
booting. It is a little annoying, but not my main concern.

The real problem is, that only the first slot works. When I try
to mount a cd from the second slot (acd1), I get this:

borg# mount /drv/cd2
cd9660: /dev/acd1: Input/output error

It doesn't make any difference whether acd0 is mounted or not.

If you need further information about the problem, let me know.

Thanks.

--
Best regards
    Christian Laursen