Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:06:52 +1000
From:      Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
To:        Postmaster <webmaster@radikal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Copyright and payment

Hi,

> Is it legal to sell FreeBSD for money ($1000?) to customers without
> telling them it's free before they pay? Any rules for this?
>
> - Alpha

more to the point - "is it ethical?". I suppose it might be ok if you
were to donate the whole $1000 to the FreeBSD project, but I don't think
that's what you had in mind, is it?

If you are installing and configuring the system(s) for your
customer(s), and the time spent on doing this, at your "going rate",
adds up to $1000, then that would be "ok" too, but that's also not what
you asked, either.

Hmmm... makes you wonder...

haxxa