Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:22:21 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, rpaulo@freebsd.org, jhb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strict signatures for kobj methods in sound subsystem

on 15/04/2009 21:14 M. Warner Losh said the following:
> In message: <49E62215.4010309@icyb.net.ua>
>             Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua> writes:
> :
> : Please review the attached, largely mechanical, patch for sound subsystem.
> : This patch is supposed to make all functions that implement kobj methods have
> : strictly the same signatures as defined by the interfaces.
> :
> : The only non-mechanical change is in sys/dev/sound/pcm/channel_if.m: usage of
> : setformat method in channel.c shows that this method is supposed to return error
> : number and so int is more appropriate return type than u_int32_t.
> : E.g.:
> :                  r = CHANNEL_SETFORMAT(c->methods, c->devinfo, sndbuf_getfmt(b));
> :                  if (r == 0)
> :                          r = chn_tryspeed(c, c->speed);
> :          }
> :          return r;
> :  } else
> :          return EINVAL;
>
> My only comment is that it might be a good time to change the
> u_int32_t to uint32_t.  Otherwise I think this is good.  I've been
> trying to get the problems in the tree like this fixed so we can turn
> that feature on going forward...

I tried to use u_int32_t or uint32_t consistently with the file I changed. The
drivers are typically quite self-consistent, but across drivers the styles are
different.
u_int32_t => uint32_t would make diff substantially larger, so I'd prefer to do
separately [mumbles "if at all" :-)].

--
Andriy Gapon