Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:29:57 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dell poweregde 2900/2950 and FreeBSD

--==========28D481527AF3D6B2EEBA==========

--On September 29, 2006 2:31:03 PM -0400 Bill Moran=20
<wmoran@collaborativefusion.com> wrote:

> 3) We're having intermittent problems with the onboard NICs on these
>    units.  I have some testing to do Monday to narrow the problem down,
>    but for now, don't trust the onboard NICs to work reliably.

Bill, if those are the Broadcomm Extreme NICs (bce), you need to grab the=20
new version of the if_bce.c file.  It fixed the problems that I had with=20
the NICs.  There's a char inside the file that defines the version - you=20
need 0.9.6.  You've got 0.9.5, I'll bet.

I posted about it on the 16th.  See this web page:
<http://www.ifdnrg.com/freebsd_broadcom_dell_1950.htm>;

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas