Date:      Wed, 09 Jun 1999 23:49:22 +0100 (BST)
From:      Joao Pedras <jpedras@mail.telepac.pt>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: missing headers, not!

Hello again Doug,

Sorry for bothering you with this. The permissions in /usr/include are fine.
Here is what I was doing : I installed egcc so I could install some apps with
better optimization. When I export the variables CC and CPP with egcc and eg++,
for instance, also changing CFLAGS in /etc/make.conf, this strange behaviour
happens. It's like /usr/include wasn't there.
If I don't touch that and use bsd's cc everything's goes well.

Do you know something about this ?

Thanks

Joao

On 09-Jun-99 Doug White wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Joao Pedras wrote:
>
>> I am currently having problems when trying to install apps with or without
>> the
>> ports. This type of scenario is becoming usual when I run configure scripts
>> :
>>
>> checking for fcntl.h... no
>
> It looks like the ports' include path is set incorrectly, which is very,
> very strange.  What are the permissions on /usr/include?  Can you compile
> a trivial application that pulls in these headers?
>
> Also check config.log.
>
> Doug White
> Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | FreeBSD: The Power to Serve
> http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | www.freebsd.org