Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2019 09:33:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>, Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>, =?UTF-8?Q?Trond_Endrest=C3=B8l?= <Trond.Endrestol@fagskolen.gjovik.no>, FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS no longer mounted in alphanumerical order

> > Except that df and zfs list have a header that you have to deal with,
> > which is not so easy to get sort to do the right things with out
> > some hoop jumping.
>
> Like "| tail +2" ?
> Or if it's just for visual inspection (as seems to be the case for the original
> poster) just mentally filter out that line.

That just deletes the header.  Try to write a one liner that gives you
the exact same prior behavior.  It is not really fair to make a change
to the system that changes behavior and just tell all the users to
adapt to the change, it makes FreeBSD "user unfriendly."  If I have
to adapt to much or too often I see alternatives.

> >> P.S.
> >> zfs list already supports sorting by a specific property.
> >
> > Perhaps make zfs list -s mountpoint a default?
>
> Why?

P O L A   People have become use to this being sorted, now it is not.