Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 21:26:17 +0100 (CET)
From:      List User <listuser@netspace.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Newsgroups: freebsd.questions
From: george vagner <vagner@infomagic.com>
Subject: Re: Still having Install problems
To: "m.joling" <M.Joling>
Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc: freebsd-questions
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 19:59:07 GMT

windows must be on the first partition of the first drive if you
want to use ms windows 95/98. just create a partition
using fdisk but do-not create extended partitions or any other
ones using fdisk in dos.

install your win95/98 as uasual on the first partition.

then install freebsd making sure you create another partition
for it to reside on. use the installation program to do it
and let it suggest the geometry.

freebsd needs it own native partition for itself not some
microsoft "extended" partition.

after all installed install a boot manager on the drive. I suggest
OS-BSbeta  its on the cd.

this has worked perfect for me. I have 3 machines running
this way without any problems.