Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:15:45 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
To:        Gary Stanley <gary@velocity-servers.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Skype core dumps as normal user

On Monday 17 March 2008, Gary Stanley said:
> At 10:41 PM 3/17/2008, Beech Rintoul wrote:

> > > Can you try a newer glibc version with 2.6.16? You can install
> > > it like this;
> > >
> > > cd /compat/linux && fetch
> >
> > <ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/development/x86_64/os/Packages/gl
> >ib>c-2.7.90-7.i386.rpm">ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/development
> >/x86_
> >
> > >64/os/Packages/glibc-2.7.90-7.i386.rpm" Then you do a simple
> > > "rpm2cpio glibc-2.7.90-7.i386.rpm | cpio -idvu"
> >
> >Thank you, that fixed the problem :-)
> >
> >Beech
>
> As I've told roman in private mails, I think most of the problems
> with "glibc detected *** double free or corruption" messages
> are either a glibc bug that FreeBSD is triggering, or a FreeBSD bug
> that glibc is triggering. It's rather hard to say, however, I'm
> still testing a bunch of glibc rpms to see which ones are 'broken'
>
> -G

BTW, just for the record 2.7.90-7 isn't available at that server, so I
went with 2.7.90-9. Also I wasn't seeing this as root, only with a
normal user if that info helps any.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech@FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html