Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 22:35:32 +0000
From:      "Johan Granlund" <johang@algonet.se>
To:        "Charles C. Figueiredo" <marxx@doomsday.org>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3com3c509 (was: routed)

> On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Manfred Antar wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> > I havn't been able keep a stable connection with a Sparc2 thru a
> > 3com 3c509 (BNC) for about a week now.i have to keep doing
> > ifconfig ep0 and this only works for about 2 minutes if that.i
> > tried a version of routed about i month old with same results so i
> > figured it must be the ep driver in kernel ?
>
>  I'm having the same exact problem. Connections between my ss5 and
>  my
> pc w/ a 3c509 in it die every minute. If I up and down the interface
> it'll work again. I tried running with and without routed. routed
> messes up my ppp :-). I do remember changes to if_ep.c

One more voice. The problems started for me with the patch to the ep
driver just prior to the release of V2.1.5. I have an old 3c509
(bootprom socket, not PNP aware) running at I/O=300 and INT=15.

device ep0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 15 vector epintr

I get "no more bufferspace" or something similar. Ping from the BSD
machine is not working but i get a response when sending a ping from
another machine.

Cheers

/Johan

> Charles