Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:56:41 -0400
From:      Gerard <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: plz help!

On June 22, 2007 at 10:02AM Nitin Arora wrote:

> can u send me the installation procedure of freeBSD 4.8, and also can to
> tell me how to give the ip address to BSD 4.8 machine.

Virtually all of the information that you will require is available
via the FreeBSD web site. You could start there. This URL will give
you quite a bit of information for installing and running FBSD:

       http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

Why are you so intent on using version 4.8 anyway? That  is a
depreciated version. I would recommend the latest stable version - 6.2
for you to start out with.

--
Gerard