Date:      Sat, 1 Feb 1997 07:52:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Prisoner <spatula@gulf.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   swap

I have noticed that my system becomes unstable shortly after it begins
using swap.  This usually manifests itself as a page-not-present fault in
the kernel mode or a lockup, or just unpredictable and strange behavior.

When I was installing I had the install program check for bad blocks on
the partitions I had created, and there were 5 bad blocks in the swap
partition that were marked as unusable.  Does the VM mechanism of the
Intel or the routines that support it know enough to ignore these bad
blocks?

Also- is there a way to do something like an fsck to verify the integrity
of my swap partition?

   Nick

--
"I don't kill, and I don't murder, or manufacture atomic weapons!"
  - Nerf Herder