Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:39:49 +0530
From:      Arindam <arindam.mukerjee@gmail.com>
To:        cms01@tampabay.rr.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD inquire

> Been thinking of installing FreeBSD, however...
> needed to know if there support for BCM4318 wireless card.
>
> --
> Second, what gui does freebsd install by default.? (KDE or )

No KDE and stuff. You got to install it as part of the ports. You get
fairly minimalistic Window Managers which too you can only optionally
install. I guess WindowMaker, metacity, fvwm and afterstep are
available on the second CD if you happen to have it. Else KDE, GNOME,
enlightenment and (someone told me of this one) ratpoison (supposedly
keyboard friendly) are available too ... so go ahead and download.

Btw, moi a newbie too ... so not seen a running desktop on my box yet.
But I want a break from KDE and GNOME.

Cheers,
Andy