Date:      Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:43:50 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CXM-drivers for FreeBSD

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:38:51 +0200
Andreas Dahl=E9n <andreas@dahlen.ws> wrote:

> I'm going to build a PVR based on FreeBSD and Hauppauge PVR250 with

Good for you!

> I've seen different CXM-drivers for FreeBSD. All seems to be based
> on=A0John Wehle=A0initial work (Thank you John!).
> =A0
> - multimedia/pvr250
> - yacxm (http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~teragen/)
> - Lois Lopez (http://www.documentanix.org/pvr250/)
> - MythTV addition
> (http://mythtv.son.org/tiki-index.php?page=3DMultimedia+Drivers)

In an ideal world, these drivers should
a) the best parts (hw support, functionality) from each driver should
be analyzed, and it should all be merged into one driver for the PVR
family of cards
b) be written in sucha a way that Freevo, MythTV as well as other
programs could use them.

Any volunteers?

> I'd like to have the possibility to set different recording profiles;
> i.e. DVD, DVD LP, SVCD etc. The port-version doesn't seem to have
> these features.

this is were products like Freevo and MythTV comes in; they can do what
you want (I have personally tested MythTV, but I guess Freevo also have
recording profiles).

Good luck!
--=20
Regards,