Date:      Sun, 22 Nov 1998 17:09:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Hummel <dnh@darius.pce.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   stable, htaccess and apache-php3.0.5-1.3.3

Hi,

I couldn't find anything in the apache or php docs so here goes....

Restricting the pages doesn't work using the following directives in
.htaccess:
(I took this from the apacheweek tutorial at
http://www.apacheweek.com/features/userauth.)

AuthName "restricted stuff"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/etc/apache/http_passwd
require user admin

No password dialog box pops up, and the pages are served.

It seems to me that I had this working properly under earlier versions of
Apache/FreeBSD (a very long time ago, however).

Is it possible I have compatibility issues with my setup of
FreeBSD-stable/apache-1.3.3/php3.05 ?

Any clues would be greatly appreciated as this is quite important to my
business.

Thanks,
Dave