Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:13:50 -0600
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        DSA-JCR <jcrdsa@dsa.es>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie questions about FreeBSD

Sr. Rodriguez --

Most of your questions are answered in greater detail in the FreeBSD
Handbook and FAQ; see www.freebsd.org.

> 1.- Has FreeBSD a graphic Interface ?

Yes.  It is called the X Window System, or simply "X".  It is the same
graphical system that runs on most Unix-like systems.

> 2.- Is translated to Spanish?

http://www.es.freebsd.org/es/

Whether a _program_ has been localized to Spanish depends on the
particular program.

> 3.- Is capable of (have app.s for) : write CD-ROMs, Email Server, news
> server, chat, ...

Yes, there is free software that runs on FreeBSD that does all of
those things.

> 4.- What about "drivers" for SCSI, Video, SoundCards, ...

Tons.  Check the "supported hardware" section of the Handbook.

> 5.- Support Double Processor ?

Yes.  Look in the FAQ for mentions of symmetric multi-processing
(SMP).

> 6.- Support P4 ?

Yes, according to several members of -hackers.

> 7.- comparision with Linux ? (Of course you probably say is "best than
> Linux", but, I would like to know specifically and technically the
> diferences betwen them.

It is widely accepted that FreeBSD people have a better sense of humor
than Linux people.

> 8.- Can I connect my W98 Network to the Internet with a FreeBSD
> Computer Server? How ?

Yes.  It's called network address translation (NAT), and it's in the
FAQ:

  http://www.es.freebsd.org/es/FAQ/networking.html#NATD

Lucas