Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 12:44:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Dave Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with Sendmail/DNS

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Dave Babler wrote:
> Thanks for the help... your solution seems to work great, but with a
> problem that worries me. The only way I can make sendmail actually try to
> deliver anything is to add the TryNullMXList option, which according to

Once you are happy that mail is flowing the way you want, you can
change the MX records so that the MX for orionsys.com goes to rigel
and then TryNullMXList is no longer needed.

Since user@orionsys.com is the only address you want the outside world
to use (and stress to your users that using a bbs.orionsys.com address
will defeat your anti-spam measures) almost all incoming mail will go to
rigel and there be shunted off to the appropriate machine.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com