Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 1995 09:19:16 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I wonder how much trouble something like this would be to do? :)

> Wow, only $3,600 for the PC version. I wonder if Dec has looked on
> the ftp site: ftp.cs.hut.fi:/pub/ssh for the ssh program, that does
> much the same thing for telnet, rlogin type stuff for FREE.

Yeah, but ssh is different.  The DEC folks are encrypting *all*
traffic between the networks, not just those clients that support end
to end crypto.

Yes, you and I may know that doing it one layer up is architecturally
superior, but to the MIS manager who reads DEC's solution as "one big
hammer" he won't have to worry too much about, well, the solution
he'll pick will be obvious.

					Jordan