Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:08:07 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        bsdlist@clickarray.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Amanda w/DLT changer configuration

In the last episode (Jul 19), bsdlist@clickarray.com said:
> Running FreeBSD 4.0, trying to install an Adic FastStor 7-tape DLT-8k
> jukebox.  I can operate the unit as a single drive, but I'm having
> difficulty configuring the changer mnechanism.  The /dev/ch0 device
> is present, but chio says is not configured.  I've been unable to
> locate any documentation for this setup, any help or links would be
> apprecited.

Check to make sure your Adic is configured to enable the changer; most
changers can be set to "dumb" mode where they load the next tape
automatically on eject.  In this mode, the changer device might not
show up.  Also make sure you've got the changer device compiled into
the kernel:  "device ch".

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com