Date:      Sun, 1 Jan 2006 11:46:37 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE 3.5 install probs (FBSD 5.4)

On Sunday 01 January 2006 11:40 am, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> On Sunday 01 January 2006 12:46 pm, nospam@apriori.net wrote:
> > Download the sources, untar them. They are supposed to play like
> > FBSD ports; cd into some directory and type make install. There is
> > a "meta" directory; here's what happens there:
>
> Seems like there's a pretty high probability that KDE expects GNU
> make instead of BSD.  That's the first thing I'd try.

On the kde@freebsd.org list, there have been discussions of 3.5. You=20
would have to check the archives but what I remember is that there have=20
been so many problems getting 3.5 to work on FreeBSD that they are=20
waiting for 3.5.1.

Kent

=2D-=20
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

"Nunca te acostar=C3=A1s sin saber una cosa m=C3=A1s"