Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:48:15 -0500
From:      "Pratt, Benjamin E." <bepratt@stcloudstate.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.3 on Panasonic Toughbook CF-37

Hello, I'm taking over my wife's laptop and trying to get FreeBSD
5.3-BETA7 running. Things seem to be running fairly well, a bit of
ghosting with the cursor in X but that's livable.

The only problem that I'm running in to is the PCMCIA slot doesn't seem
to be functioning. My Proxim WiFi card runs fine in Windows and Linux
but I'm not even getting a power light on the card in FreeBSD. I have
compiled ath and ath_hal support (Atheros drivers in Linux work) in to
the kernel but even without proper drivers I'd think I should still get
power.

I checked the freebsd-questions and freebsd-mobile mailing list archives
and haven't found anything helpful. I would have sent this to the
freebsd-mobile list but I don't believe this would be considered a
technical question.

Where can I find a list of supported PCMCIA bus drivers?? Any idea how I
can find out what PCMCIA bus chipset I'm using??

Thanks for any help,

Ben