Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:31:26 -0700
From:      Haze <dionn@spiritone.com>
To:        Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Service unavailable to   grog@lemis.com or grog@freebie.lemis.com

On 13-Oct-98 @ 4:18:25, Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org> wrote:
> ed mill writes:
>  > WE PREFER ALL CAPS IT LOOKS BETTER AND AS MORE PEOPLE THE USE THIS METHOD
>  > OF COMMUNICATION, THE USELESS IDEAS AND CONVENTIONS OF THE PAST WILL FALL
>  > BE THE WAY SIDE.   LIKE THE USE OF ALL CAPS IN THE CASE AND THE
>  > TELEGRAPH, SMOKE SIGNALS, AND THE DRUM LEAD OTHER CASES.WE PREFER ALL
>  > CAPS IT LOOKS BETTER AND AS MORE PEOPLE THE USE THIS METHOD OF
>  > COMMUNICATION, THE USELESS IDEAS AND CONVENTIONS OF THE PAST WILL FALL BE
>  > THE WAY SIDE.   LIKE THE USE OF ALL CAPS IN THE CASE AND THE TELEGRAPH,
>  > SMOKE SIGNALS, AND THE DRUM LEAD OTHER CASES.
>
> I thought the "ALL CAPS" look departed with the demise of the Teletype
> model 33 and all those old line printers.  It must be another one of
> those "return to the 70's" styles.  I didn't much like bell-bottoms,
> and I don't like "ALL CAPS", either.

The US govt. still uses all caps in most of the US Code documents.

They've also been consistently failing Y2k tests.  It doesn't surprise
me, though.  How can we expect them to comply with a current tech issue
when they haven't even upgraded to a two-case alphabet yet? :-)

--
Knowledge is the perception of truth distorted by reality

PGP Key: www.spiritone.com/~dionn/pgpkey
Fingerprint: 312E F076 35D0 8EEB 4B2A  DC8A 04FC 1543 3B2C 0502