Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2012 19:31:04 -0600
From:      Alan Amesbury <amesbury@oitsec.umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   9.1-RELEASE announcement and BitTorrent?

The FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE announcement located at

     http://www.freebsd.org/releases/9.1R/announce.html

says, "[t]he required files can be downloaded via FTP or BitTorrent as
described in the sections below..." but makes no further mention of
BitTorrent.  I see torrents.freebsd.org still has a 503 error up with a
note saying it probably won't be back.  Is the plan to host FreeBSD's
releases via one of the well known public trackers (e.g., publicbt.com)
or to completely abandon that method of distribution?  Either way, the
announcement probably should be changed, i.e., either list the
BitTorrent methods available or remove all mention of BitTorrent.

For what it's worth, I've got amd64 and i386 bundled and announced via a
couple of the public BT trackers.

--
Alan Amesbury
OIT Security and Assurance