Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:42:37 +0100
From:      Gerrit =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=FChn?= <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>
To:        Jan Schultze <nichtduaberich@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with Eclipse and jdk 1.3/1.4

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 01:00:55AM +0100, Jan Schultze wrote:

> I had the same problem (FreeBSD 5.2, jdk1.4.2-p6 and Eclipse 2.1.2), but
> using libmap.conf to map libkse to libc_r like Greg suggested seems to
> solve the problem.

The box with this problem is at home and I cannot check it right now. But
thanks for the hint anyway, sounds very promising. ;-)
However, after reading libmap.conf(5) I still have a question:
Actually I would think that I need just a constrained mapping for java. But
the manpage explicitly says that this is not a good idea:

WARNING!  Constrained mappings must never appear first in the configura-
tion file.  While there is a way to specify the `default'' constraint,
its use is not recommended.

Maybe my English is not good enough here... I think I don't want a
"default" mapping, I want mapping just for java. What entry do you use?

cu
  Gerrit