Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 18:11:44 -0700
From:      Sean-Paul Rees <sean@dreamfire.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   AMD PCnet 10/100 PCI usability

I have a PCnet 10/100 adapter built onto my motherboard (PC Server 325),
and FreeBSD picks it up as "lnc1." The damned thing got 3-4k/sec
transfers at the most. It appeared to not be negotiating with the hub
correctly.

It looks like I'm going to need a second ethernet in that particular
machine to run NATD for a DSL. Is anybody getting decent performance
with that adapter in a similar configuration? I'd like to save $50.

Cheers,
Sean