Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:40:39 +1000
From:      Peter MacGee <peter@ideal.net.au>
To:        Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS Mount problems

Hi Jim,
         After much head scratching I limited the prob to portmap... I
thought when it was mentioning that "NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not
registered" that it was portmap related... I just didn't know how to go
about fixing it.. It happens that on a few of the machines that I was
trying to connect to, hosts.allow wasn't letting me use portmap... So I
have managed to fix that prob... I've only got one server left that is
posing a problem for me, and its doing very, very weird things... I think
completely unrelated to NFS, mount and portmap...

Thanks for the advice,

Pete.

--
Computers are just like air conditioners; They don't work properly if you
open Windows.