Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:22:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ron Echeverri <rone@B1FF.nas.nasa.gov>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CPU halts using mpg123 and OSS

I'm running a kernel that has no Voxware stuff in it (as prescribed by
the OSS docs).  Everything seems to run OK, but when running mpg123,
whenever it tries to come back to a shell prompt (if i suspend or
interrupt the process, or if i run it in the background, or if it
exits normally after the track ends), the CPU halts.  I ktraced the
process and let it run normally, dumped the trace, and got 64 megs of
normal-looking stuff until the end:

   312 mpg123   RET   read 414/0x19e
   312 mpg123   CALL  read(0x3,0xefbfdb0c,0x4)
   312 mpg123   GIO   fd 3 read 4 bytes
       "\M^?\M

It just stops right there.  Where should i look to first?  Should i
bug 4Front first, upgrade my tcsh, or bug the mpg123 maintainer?

thanks
rone
--
Ron Echeverri			Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation Facility
DSS/Usenet Administrator	NASA Ames Research Center