Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:33:14 -0400
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
To:        Valentino Vaschetto <logo@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Corel Office under linux emu

Valentino Vaschetto wrote:

> Just attempted to do that, it tells me that these switches can only be
> used to update the database, or use the database and a bunch of other
> errors telling me I can't use those switches for the operation I'm trying
> to do.

Did you try removing --ignoreos?

That option is only valid when installing a package. Both --root and
--dbpath should be valid for any command.

BTW: Did you (or any Linux package) run the Linux rpm by any change?

The reason I ask is because the Linux rpm converts the database to
something incompatible with the FreeBSD rpm (ie the FreeBSD port of rpm
is outdated).

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org