Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:14:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET" <ml@t-b-o-h.net>
To:        freebsd@orchid.homeunix.org
Cc:        "Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET" <ml@t-b-o-h.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems compiling : libtool: link: cannot find the

> On 27/10/2006 00:37, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > 	Trying to compile wireshark (Which I had running
> > previously) and I get :
> >=20
> > libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/X11R6/lib/libpangocairo-1.=
> 0.la' or unhandled argument `/usr/X11R6/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.la'
> >=20
> > 	The reason it can't find it is its in /usr/local/lib
> > now. But why is wireshark thinking its in /usr/X11R6/lib? I
> > saw something about GNOME trying to change the location of libraries,
> > but I don't know what it is that might be telling it the wrong
> > location.
>
> I've seen that few times already, basically some gnome's libraries
> weren't upgraded properly (not only pango). For a "quick" fix you can
> either find out which one is to blame or upgrade everything on which
> broken port depends, in case of wireshark:
>
> # portupgrade -fR wireshark

	Ok, thanks, will try that....(See below)

> The proper method, however, is described in /usr/ports/UPDATING
> (20061014) and use that if you're not sure what above quick method can
> brake ;)

	I've done it twice already... I'm on my third time, but this
time I'm "script"ing the session since when I do 3 or 4 of them fail.
2-3 from fetch issues, and one for an uninstall issue. I need to find
out better why the uninstall/fetch issues are happening and then
progress from there.

		Thanks, Tuc