Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 1997 17:34:35 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        David Goddard <goddard@acm.org>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp -auto problems and boot-time error messages

> This has cleared up the messages, but I'm still having the other problem...
>
> [...]
> >If this is still a problem, I'd need to know more details.
>
> Hmmm.. not sure what I can add really.  I first noticed it when overnight
> cron jobs failed.  The logs showed the link coming up when the job called
> it and then timing out after the set inactivity time, while the jobs timed
> out.
[.....]

By "more details", I mean your config files and a log of what
happened.  Set your logging with

 set log chat phase connect lcp ipcp ccp command tun

in your ppp.conf file.  It also helps if you've got the latest
version of ppp from http://www.freebsd.org/~brian.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;