Date:      Wed, 9 Nov 2005 07:42:30 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE Konqueror:Can i have konqueror without KDEstuff port

--nextPart1681640.fJV40kiXpq

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 02:50 am, George Katsanos wrote:
> is there any way [or do you know the exact port] that will save me from
> installing kde base , kde , kdelibs and zillions of kde stuff [which I ha=
te]
> at my computer?

No.  The reason is that Konqueror *is* KDE in a very real sense.  It has ve=
ry=20
little functionality on its own, but instead uses parts of other packages t=
o=20
do all its work.  Even such "minor" things as fetching files via HTTP are=20
farmed out to KIO-slaves from other packages.

Konqueror is probably more likely than any other KDE program to have an=20
enormous number of dependencies.  That's by design and not really something=
=20
that could be stripped down.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser