Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 2010 08:52:30 -0600
From:      Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Elias Chrysoheris <eliaschr@ath.forthnet.gr>, Anselm Strauss <amsibamsi@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: KDE firefox integration

--nextPart4806152.0JqfVxmRFZ

On Sunday 07 March 2010 08:13:53 Elias Chrysoheris wrote:
> On Sunday 07 of March 2010 15:56:15 Anselm Strauss wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > I noticed that in PC-BSD 8 firefox is nicely integrated into KDE. Anybo=
dy
> > knows how to achieve this on FreeBSD 8?
> >=20
> > Anselm
>=20
> I believe you mean that you need KDE to open Firefox whenever you click on
> a link. That's easy. From your KDE menu, open "System Settings" (in the
> first tab, "favorites")
> Then select "Default Applications". Then, in the left list of the
> applications, choose "Web browser", and at the right part of the screen
> choose the radio button "in the following browser" and in the edit box
> enter the "/usr/local/bin/firefox3". Then apply the new settings.
>=20
> Elias

Another trick that PC-BSD uses....which might be more of what you are askin=
g=20
about is the installation of a port called x11-themes/gtk-qt4-engine  This=
=20
port allows gtk applications to be displayed using qt, which helps integrat=
e=20
the look of things like FF, Thunderbird, OOo with KDE.

=2D-=20
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel
=46reeBSD -- The power to serve