Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:13:29 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Martijn Pronk" <martijn.pronk@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Accord PCMCIA modem & FreeBSD 3.4

In message <01bfa9dc$ffa054a0$640aa8c0@boekje.ugh.org> "Martijn Pronk" writes:
: Tried that, it takes with reset 100000 about 10 minutes before
: the sio driver is attached, but when I use it, it still hangs...
: I guess if i increase it more i have to wait longer, correct?
: What does the reset clause do, anyway?

There are two reasons that modems hang that are common.  First is the
rest problem.  Second is that it is using an IRQ that's used by
someone else.  If it is uncommon reason, then I'm not sure what to
tell you.

Warner