Date:      Mon, 11 May 2015 17:23:17 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Certificate error

Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com> writes:

> When I run fetchmail againest my ISP mail pop server it runs fine and
> populates my postfix server and shows basically the same log
> sequence.

Your ISP's POP server has a certificate signed by a certificate
authority that fetchmail trusts.

>           I just change the poll  and user statements in
> .fetchmailrc.

Your personal POP server does *not* have a certificate signed by a
certificate authority that fetchmail trusts.

Please answer the following question as directly as you can: how did you
configure fetchmail to accept the certificate being used by your
personal POP server?

The normal way you configure fetchmail to accept a self-signed
certificate is by using the "sslfingerprint" option in your
.fetchmailrc file. Have you done this?