Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:07:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Tape Archive Help

I've installed a Sony SuperStation. It comes up in the dmesg like this.

wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <SuperStation-Int/1.06>, removable, accel, iordy

I've put the following command in and compiled a new kernel.

# IDE tape driver - requires wdc controller and ATAPI option
device          wst0

Now,, How in the heck to I dump to the SuperStation? I've worked at this
for a few hours and am completely stummped.
wdc1 is the acctual controler so I know that is out of the question.
In the dmesg there is this error after the wdc1 message

wt0 not found at 0x300

In the MAKEDEV file it says this is a tape device. I can ls -l either wt0
or the wst0 . LINT says nothing of significance about wt0 so I'm at a loss
on al fronts.

Any help would be a blessing..

Thank you..

Keith