Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 1998 19:31:16 -0500
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   select() in -current

Is there any problem with select() in -current? After building a new
kernel last Wednesday, a certain application has stopped working. This
is a fairly reputably buggy application, however I've used it extensively
without anything like this--Brian Malia has a 1/2/98 -current and says
it's okay too. The nasty little critter here is XFrisk. A numerously
patched XFrisk...  XFrisk-0.99c0pl9+bpk2+pac3+argon4 but it doesn't matter.
Anyway it will freeze and output many Warning: 22's about select() failing
after the server tells it that it's its turn. It also takes 35% of the CPU,
much like our friend the failing netscape (which takes more like 80% :>).

Any ideas? I recompiled the binary with no success. Going to re-cvsup,
maybe someone was committing while intoxicated, or yes > /usr/src'ing
locally...gadzooks :-)
--
  / Nathan Dorfman V PGP: finger nathan@rtfm.net  /