Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2000 23:49:46 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        William Freeman <wdf@picusnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: burncd

William Freeman wrote:

> Ok, i finaly got FreeBSD3.4-STABLE to play nice with me again and
> compile.  i added the burncd utility and what it wanted to compile.
> However, when i try and run it, it tells me i have inappropriate ioctl.
> i let it have the ioctl*.h files from the 4.0 kernel, too, and it still
> wouldn't do it.  Anyone have any suggestions or am i going to have to
> alter sources or what?  I have an IDE CD-RW i want to use, and i don't
> really want to have to jump a major version just yet (mainly because of
> all the bad things that happend when i tried to do it the last time from
> sources nad got sig12d to death).
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

burncd probably won't work on 3.4.  Even if you copy the ioctl header
files across, the ioctls probably aren't there in the kernel itself.
Have you looked under /usr/share/examples/worm?  There you will find
burnaudio and burndata scripts which may work for you.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D