Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 23:07:23 -0700 (MST)
From:      Octavian <octoman@globotech.dyndns.org>
To:        malartre@videotron.ca
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Going crazy with DHCP: FreeBSD won't install

Just because you have a certain IP in Win 95 doesn't mean that your
machine will work with the same IP in FreeBSD. I noticed that while Linux,
winNT and win95 all get the same IP thru DHCP on a cable modem, as soon as
I boot in FreeBSD I have to reset the cable modem and it gets a totaly
different IP on a different subnet, otherwise it won't work. I have no
idea why this is but this is how I got it working. So therefore u probably
won't be able to get DHCP working right off the bat. Just make sure u get
the CD and install the wide-DHCP port.

Regards,
Octavian