Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:17:45 -0400
From:      "ro0t" <root@unixhideout.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Script needed? Is it possible, safe? any alternatives or suggestions?

I have run free email addresses on my FreeBSD web server for over two years
now. It's getting very hard to add all these users manually. I would like a
way for them to hit my webpage, request an email, sign the "i agree form"
(heres the part im stumped on) =-> And then hit some type of script that
will take the user input (user and pass) and add them to the system using
the defaults in adduser.conf no shell, home directory is accessible only by
the process the web server runs as but not through www itself, etc. I can do
_most_ of this such as getting the user input in a form and using it along
with the
Logged on:
<?php system(escapeshellcmd("who"));
?><p>
command. But im not sure if this would work. Any suggestions or alternative
methods would be great. I know there is a way. and i _will_ find it. also
did you guys happen to see the script one of my guys wrote for us and we
have running for our majordomo lists? It's very good if anyone would want to
put it on the freebsd website? All the user does is add their email, select
a list (stored in mysql database for easy administration) and click send. It
mails majordomo@unixhideout.com just the way the user is supposed to. A lazy
script really but i imagine it also makes it easy on newbs. Im also going to
put a checkbox for subscribe and unsubscribe soon.  Might be good for ya.
thanks peeps. oh. im running popa3d in /usr/ports/mail/ (for individual
clients such as outlook etc.) and dkimap for webmail (squirrelmail) which
still does not have pop3 implemented =[ maybe someday they will..

The unixhideout network.
http://www.unixhideout.com