Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 95 14:11:41 -0800
From:      Gavin Forrest <st9523b7@pilot.stu.cowan.edu.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD and Netscape

Hello,
      I hope you can give me some details regarding the folowing queries.
I am currently assessing several Unix O/S packages and will be trialing
FreeBSD in anticipation of shifting to BSDI. I wondered if you could tell
me please, if Netscape will run on FreeBSD. This is primarily as I am
hoping to run this in conjunction with a our trials. I am aware that
Mosaic Daemons ship with BSDI. I am also curious as to how many users
FreeBSD is configured to allow. Does the measurement of what constitutes
a user fit in with that used for BSDI. I am interested in particular
with the assesment of HTTPD sessions.
      I am also curious as to what is seen as the inherent strenghts of
FreeBSD and BSDI. Obviously most O/S systems proclaim to have some
strenght that sets them apart from the rest. Does either of these
packages have a significant feature, apart from their availabiltiy and
affordability etc.

I hope you can assist me with these queries and thank you in advance

Regards

Gavin Forrest