Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:56:05 -0500
From:      "John Straiton" <jsmailing@clickcom.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?'Gannater_J=E1nos'?= <gannater@freemail.hu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: VirusProtection and IMAP

> IMAP:
> Where can I tell freeBSD which IMAP software should he use?
> Like I installed cyrus and imapd-uw. So which one the system
> is using and how can I switch between them?

One thing that I think should be offered up is that while many people
don't really believe in the idea of a virus protection software for your
physical sessions with the machine, many will tell you that it's nice to
use for whatever MTA you use to receive the email with.

F-prot has a FreeBSD native scanner that works with the amavisd port
(/usr/ports/security/amavisd or the variants) to help you filter viruses
out of the *email* that would be passing through your machine.

To tell which server your machine is using, you could
#telnet localhost 143

Which would probably return something telling you the version & make of
the IMAP software you're currently using. Uw-imap is a pretty easy
installation, but you will have to do more than just "install" cyrus in
order to get it to work with your system.

John Straiton
jks@clickcom.com
Clickcom, Inc
704-365-9970x101