Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:56:57 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@beta.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP AMD64 booting problems...

I recently picked up an HP5460 AMD64 laptop, and I recently wanted to try
FreeBSD on it. Unfortunately, both the x86 and AMD64 versions will not boot,
actually shutting the power down shortly after the kernel finishes loading.
I've tried 5.3 and 4.8 with similar results, also cycling through disabling
ACPI, "safe mode", and going to the boot loader prompt and manually turning off
whatever I can think of.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions (either to boot it, or provide
diagnostics), or will I be trapped to run Windows on this rather powerful
machine? :)

	-Brian