Date:      Thu, 20 May 2004 09:47:52 +0200
From:      Cyril Guibourg <plonk-o-matic@teaser.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB/umass detach freezes system

Rob <stopspam@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> Mounting this device with "mount_msdos /dev/da0s1 /mnt" is okay.
> The umass filesystem is there. Problems start when unmounting it.
> The umount command will hang and eventually the whole system will hang.
> Power off/on is only what helps then.

Welcome on board. I have the same issue and sometimes the system reboots.
It seems it worked better with 4.10-RC1 and starting with RC2 I am back
to 4.9 behaviour.

> Any ideas how to deal with this?

I would be glad to have the answer to that question. I compiled a kernel
with debug code and tried to figure out what is wrong without any success.
I asked for some help here but got no answer, good luck.