Date:      16 Oct 1998 23:53:27 -0400
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   So, what does ELF give me?

OK, So I know that ELF is a much newer object file format than a.out,
and that it is supposed to somehow have better support for shared
libraries, the rest of the known universe is using it, and that it is
supposed to be somehow better and we are somehow supposed to be able
to do more things.

So, what are they?

What can I, as a developer, do with ELF that I couldn't with a.out?
What does it buy me?  How will this difference impact me?

Is there a discussion of this on line somewhere?

Thanks,

+C
--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;