Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 01:50:01 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Matthew West <mwest@cs.uct.ac.za>
To:        rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some misc questions

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, rick hamell wrote:

> Ok, question #1, how can I setup Bash to have the server name for
> certain users like root has?

man 1 bash, skim down to the "PROMPTING" section. You'll probably want
something like:

export PS1="[\u@\h] \w$"

in your "~/.bashrc" file(s).

> Question #2, I've got a stray e-mail message in pine in the compose
> buffer, every time I try to continue it, I get a panic, and pine dumps
> me back to the prompt.
Pine keeps it's postponed messages in "~/mail/postponed-msgs".  If you
don't mind loosing what's in it, just rm it.

> Question #3 I find myself in the position of needing ICQ. Their homepage
> dosen't have anything for Unix at all, and from what I've seen of the
> port collection, there isn't one. Is there a Linux version I can use?
There are 3 ICQ ports afaik; licq, micq and xicq, all in the ports/net.
If they're not listed in the ports collection on your machine, you may
want to use cvsup /usr/ports to bring yourself up to date, or you can
install the pre-compiled packages.

--mwest@cs.uct.ac.za
  http://www.cs.uct.ac.za